Call now to arrange a free initial consultation


Aspen Accountancy

01582 206 226

Self-Assessment and Tax Returns

There can be several different reasons for individuals needing to complete a Personal Tax Return, also referred to as Self-Assessment Tax Return. You will certainly need to file a tax return if you are a sole trader, freelancer, director of a limited company or a partner in a partnership. But there is also number of other reasons for having to comply with this statutory requirement. You might be receiving rental income on your property, made a capital gain on sale of shares or a second property or you simply think that you overpaid or underpaid tax on your employment.

Tax planning is essential and we can help you maximise your opportunities of possible tax savings. We can calculate your tax liability, complete and submit your tax return online to HM Revenue & Customs on your behalf as well as advise you on exactly when, how and how much to pay.

Many taxpayers struggle with the complexity of tax returns and keeping up with the filing deadlines and end up paying unnecessary penalties for failing to submit their returns on time. The constant stream of changes to tax legislation means that the returns are becoming more difficult to understand and complete in a timely and correct manner.

Aspen Accountancy can act as your agent, dealing directly with HM Revenue & Customs on your behalf.